Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Why I read

Why do I read?  Books are vessels that transport you across time, and space.  Some say that time travel is impossible yet books do it every day.  Time Travel is not something that we have truly invented but books are the closest thing we have to it.  I love to travel, and learn new things.  Books allow me to travel across the world whenever I please for as long as I like and cheaper too.  Books also allow me to learn all kinds of new things.  With books you can learn how to cook, or how to disassemble a tank, you can also learn how someone feels through their simple word choice and how they describe the elements of their book.  Books written in the past can take you back to that persons time as they lived it, not just some imitation with errors everywhere but actually what happened.  Books can also take you to worlds that never existed and never will, Westeros is a popular place in books that has never nor will ever exist yet you feel as if you are there all the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment